Headlines
Loading...
(Photo) Two Men Fight Over a Girl, One Dies in The Process

(Photo) Two Men Fight Over a Girl, One Dies in The Process

Never in the wildest imagination of Samson
Ibrahim, did he envisage he would not live to see
his agenda for 2015 actualize, as he set off to a bar
in Paiko Idimu, a Lagos suburb on January 1.
The 40 year-old father of three reportedly received
an invitation from some of his friends at the bar.
He was said to have left his apartment with a
promise to come back and continue the New
celebration with his family. But that was never to
be as he was rushed from the bar to the hospital,
following a severe injury he sustained during a
fight over a girl.
As you read this piece, the remains of Ibrahim are
lying stone cold in the morgue, as a result of
complication that reportedly arose during surgery.
Information at Crime Guard's disposal had it that
the late Ibrahim engaged one Alaba Adeshina in a
fight at the popular 'Lady Show 'bar , after the later
attempted to woo his girl. In the process, eye
witnesses alleged that Alaba stabbed Ibrahim with
a broken bottle in his stomach which forced his
intestines out.
The deceased's elder brother, Babatunde Alagbe ,
who spoke with Crime Guard said his late brother
was taken to different hospitals within the vicinity
but was rejected.
He said:
" At the Ikeja General Hospital, we were told to
go and get N2million for surgery. Thereafter we
took my brother to Ikeja Medial Centre where
we were told to bring N1 million. We eventually
settled for N700,000 before the surgery was
carried out. After the surgery he started
complaining of chest pain and when he went
for check up, scan result showed that some
liquid substance lodged in his chest. The scan
result also showed that blood was lodged at his
back, thereby, necessitating a second surgery,
where my brother was opened up from the
chest to the stomach.
Unfortunately, he could not make it. He died
four days later, leaving his three children of
ages 8, 5 and 2 " Adeshina said.
He attacked me- suspect
On his part, 34 year-old Alaba Adeshina who was
embroiled in a fight with the deceased, denied
stabbing him. Rather, he claimed that the
deceased attacked him first, showing a bandage
on his head as an evidence of the injury he
sustained during the attack.
Narrating what happened: Adeshina said:
" I saw two ladies smoking at the bar. I admired
one of them. My intention was to get
acquainted with her and use the opportunity to
advise her against smoking. But when I
approached her, she barked at me and
threatened to smash a bottle on my head.
Later, she joined us at the table and was
discussing with my friends. Again, as she made
to leave, I followed her and demanded for her
number.
Before I knew what was happening, a man
came out from nowhere and landed his fist
across my face, accusing me of trying to take
his girl . By then, one of my brothers, Segun
Olowopejo, cautioned me to be careful and
asked me to leave the bar. As I was leaving, the
man came again and smashed a bottle on my
head. I was dazed at that point and cried out for
help in pain . That was all I could remember
until I woke up next day , to find myself at
Temidire hospital with bandage on my head
and my right wrist.
I was advised to report the matter at the station
because I was told that the fight escalated after
I fainted . But on getting to the station, I was
detained. It was at the station I learnt that the
man I fought with was dead"
Who killed Ibrahim?
Arrested alongside Adeshina were his elder
brother, Segun Olowopejo, his step brother,
Samuel Michael and Kabiru Abdulai, all of whom
went to the bar that fateful day. They are currently
at the State Criminal Investigation Department ,
SCID, Panti, where investigation was said to be
ongoing.
When asked who stabbed the deceased, Samuel
Michael, burst into tears, wishing the hand of the
clock could be turned back to that day in order to
amend his ways.
The father of three started with lamentation: "
January 1, 2015 was a nightmare that I wish I
would wake up and discover it was dream after all.
But no! It is real!
"My father usually invites relations and friends
for the New year celebration. Kabiru and Alaba
also visited. But Segun came late after the food
and drinks had been served. He suggested we
went to Lady show's bar for a drink and when
we got there, we were given two bottles of beer
and meat for free. Segun sent for more bottles
because the ones given were not enough for
us..
As we were discussing, two ladies walked in with
cigarettes in their hands. One of them said I was
occupying her seat and I quietly stood up because
I am not troublesome.
"When fight broke out between my step brother
and the deceased at the initial time, I begged
the deceased to forgive my brother and they
stopped fighting. He even patted my back
saying I was wise. Barely had I sat down than
somebody rushed inside to inform me that my
brother was being attacked.
When I got outside, I met my brother in the
pool of his blood on the ground, with a man
still wielding a broken bottle that was stained
with blood. I held the man's hand to prevent
him from stabbing Adeshina further. At that
point we started struggling with the broken
bottle in his hand. In the process, I sustained
injury in the hand(raises his hands to reveal
some stitches)
My father came to the bar when he heard we
were fighting. He started hitting me and
instructed me to leave the bar and I did. But to
my shock , owner of the bar came with some
policemen to our house saying, I was the one
that stabbed the deceased.
" I did not stab him. There was no way I could
have matched him in a fight because he was
older and taller than I ", he said crying
profusely.
The suspects as gathered, would be charged to
court immediately the judiciary ends their strike.

0 Comments:

Video of the day