Headlines
Loading...
Toke Makinwa Talks Getting Married Secretly, Why She Did It

Toke Makinwa Talks Getting Married Secretly, Why She Did It

Rhythm FM Oap/Trending Host, Toke
Makinwa Ayida in a recent interview spoke
about her marriage, her surprise wedding
and getting paid to attend some events in
Lagos.
Read excerpts below:
"To be honest with you, I thank
God everyday for the kind of man
that I married. I can't take that for
granted. Marriage is a big deal and
I wish a lot of young people will
take out time to really understand
what marriage is all about. Even
me, what do I know? I have only
been in it for about 8 months but
I thank God for the kind of person
that he is. He is my support
system. I think he kind of likes
what I do. So he is one of my
biggest fans. Even when I forget
certain things, he is the one that is
always pushing me, have you
thought about this? What about
doing this? Why don't you try that?
There is absolutely nothing that I
can't talk to him about. We are
thinking of doing a lot of work
together as well hopefully in
2015″
On why they chose a surprise
wedding:
"To be honest with you, I can't
understand it myself. I think it
happened the way it was meant to
happen. If we didn't do it this way,
I don't think it would have
happened till now. There was so
much surrounding Toke and Maje's
union"
On why she thinks people were interested
in her personal life:
"I honestly don't know. People
seemed interested in it I guess.
There was just so much of both of
us out there. The bible says all
things work together for all those
that trust God. So at that point, for
me, I could have broken up and
living my life and I was ready to
be single again and I woke up one
morning again here I am, I am
married. It happened the way it
was supposed to happen. That is
the only way we could have done
it"
On not attending some functions with her
husband:
"I think its all about putting things into
compartments and properly
compartmentalizing things because at the
end of the day, he is an individual. He has
his own life. He is loving what he does and
I am loving what I do and it just works for
both of us"
On how they balance their lives as a couple:
"It has always been our
personalities. He is amazing. He is
a reserved person. I am the feisty
one. It works. We both can't be out
there. We both can't have the
personality that I have. He is
much older than I am as well. We
just laugh through everything that
comes our way. There are times
he follows me out. There are
times he attends some events that
I have to make an appearance at.
There are times I literary have to
beg him and he says you know
what, just go. I am tired I just
want to tap some football at home
and I go and I come back. And we
are always in communication. We
are always talking.We are fine. It
works for us" she said
On getting paid to attend some events:
"Attending events is part of work
as well. I do get paid to attend
some events. When you grow a
brand and it becomes a solid
brand, people will what to
associate with that and if they
have some products or services
that they have that would align
with your brand, they invite you to
be part of it. Just like people feel
like you been at certain evenyts
might also add some glamour to
it. I see it as work as well. I really
don't go out like that, in terms of
having fun or chilling at home. I
think I enjoy the fact that it's a job
and I am getting paid for it. I am
the life of a party and that hasn't
changed. I love talking, I love to
go out to listen to music and have
a good time. That's who I am and I
am truly happy to be with
someone who appreciates that
part of me. He loves it so no
problem" she said
.

0 Comments:

Video of the day