Headlines
Loading...
Police arrest 48 robbers, kidnappers in Delta

Police arrest 48 robbers, kidnappers in Delta

ASABA—DELTA State Police Command,
yesterday, said 48 suspected armed robbers/
kidnappers were arrested by men of the
command in the last two months and
expressed the readiness of the command to
tackle criminal activities in the state.
Addressing newsmen in his office, the state
Commissioner of Police, Mr Alkali Usman said:
"My challenges are enormous, in the sense that
I came in and found everybody complaining
about kidnapping, armed robbery and murder.
"In fact, I have recorded two or three cases of
murder. I have recorded one case of
kidnapping and two cases of armed robbery.
We couldn't prevent them from happening but
we were able to apprehend the suspects.
"This is a state that is very prone to crime, but
the strategy I met on ground has been able to
put criminal activities on check to a large
extent. Like I said during my courtesy call to
the governor, I found the state government
supporting crime fighting very seriously in
terms of logistics."
Insisting that the command was up to the task
of policing the state, Usman said he will ensure
that crime was reduced to the barest minimal
for people of the state to go about their
normal businesses and sleep with their two
eyes closed.
.

0 Comments:

Video of the day